September 30 – October 6
Every day this week, I came home from work and became inexplicably grumpy. Didn’t want to cook, didn’t want to clean, didn’t want to do anything except play Skyrim or hide in my room and read a book.
It could be the diet. It’s been 22 days of Whole30 now, so we are on the home stretch, but I am getting a wee bit sick of chicken. And also, everything else that I can’t eat sounds amazing. I am not sure what to make of this. It’s no fun to end a food experiment thinking “Man, glad THAT’s over! Now back to this bag of Fritos…”
It could also be the weather. It rained all week and was alternately very cold and kind of muggy. I left two umbrellas on the train. I didn’t run at all, and my hair was frizzy.
An off week. Not all weeks can be on.
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner
- Reluctantly Alice by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- Dare Me by Megan Abbott
- So, I fell down the Girls well again. Good thing there are only a dozen episodes – they watch real quick.
- I think I’ve solidified by Fall TV schedule: I’m watching The Mindy Project, How I Met Your Mother, and Call the Midwife. That’s it. I didn’t like any of the other new shows, and I never caught up with the old ones, so there we have it.