May 27 – June 2
I spent most of last week in either a blind panic or other state of heightened anxiety. I made and recovered from a major scheduling error, rented a car for the first time, drove it for 4 hours (by myself) to places I have never been before, prepared for/performed for a job interview, and had at least two days where I ran on 5-ish hours of sleep.
There is nothing resembling equilibrium going on in my life right now, and I don’t think there will be any time soon. I don’t want to spend the rest of my summer feeling grumpy, but I’m not sure that any amount of concerted effort/planning/worrying/positive thinking will make much of a difference. This too shall pass, but for now, I’m in the muck of it.
For now, I’m going to focus on being well – sleep, hydration, no more sugar + grains, exercise, etc. Structure. Routines. Tidiness. Peach cuddling and cooking dinner and phone chats and documentaries on Netflix.
Other assorted acts of hopefulness.
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
- Something Blue by Emily Giffin
- Dipping in and out of any number of assorted books laying about my apartment.
- Switched at Birth – I am determined to finish Season One! I’ve been working on it for almost a year, which is just excessive.
- On Wednesday, there was a lot of Gilmore Girls, season one. I can’t believe Dean dumped Rory like that! Scoundrel…