I am 25 today.
I feel old.
Exciting birthday things I did today:
- Ran/walked around the park across the street from my apartment
- Went to the library to check out movies
- Spent 8 dollars at the 7-11, buying a Nantucket Nectar, a bag of Pirate’s Booty, and a new flavor of Rockstar
- Ate a lot of chocolate covered fruits (<3 my Michigan friends)
- Cleaned my kitchen
- Watched two of my favorite movies – The Business of Being Born and The Family Stone
- Opened a package from my parents
- Worked on my reference assignment
- Shaved my legs
- Made a broccoli, rice and cheese casserole for myself.
It’s Hell Week for the boyfriend and all his little theatrical kiddies. I am a birthday widow on Spring Break.
This is my first birthday away from my family in 25 years.
It was okay though, to be alone. There were lots of little birthday surprises. And I’m feeling pretty old. I don’t know if I want anyone to remind me of how old I am by celebrating.
Gosh. Just that last sentence made me feel even older.